Values
Today’s writing assignment is a brainstorming session to
help me realign with my values and goals. What is my ultimate goal in life? What
do my values need to be in order to achieve my goals? How do I order these
values in terms of importance and why?
My ultimate goal is to be in a position where I am able to
help as many people as possible. I want to improve the lives of those who are
not as fortunate and have not had access to the same opportunities as me. I
want to give people the platform the reach their potential, whether that is
through health, education, or economic opportunity. I want to cultivate a skill
set towards this purpose to add tangible benefit to the world.
To excel in my mission, I must strive for my own potential
and be the best person that I can be. I must craft the necessary personal
qualities such as intelligence, integrity, charisma, empathy, tenacity, and
self awareness, that are crucial to succeed.
I must clearly identify the values that I want to use to
drive my life, because they drive me to determine what is most important for me
to focus on. Adhering to a set of personal values simplifies my decision-making
and helps guide me to make the choice that most aligns with my long-term
objectives.
My top five values in order of personal importance are:
|
Values
|
Why is it important?
|
When do I achieve it?
|
|
Health
|
- Provides foundation for me to continue to contribute for many years
to come
- Gives me the mental and physical energy to function at maximum
efficiency today
- Lets me enjoy countless activities and have fun doing them
|
Anytime I feel mentally alert and physically mobile
Anytime I hop or skip a step
Anytime I sleep early
Anytime I increase my strength or endurance
Anytime I eat healthy foods
|
|
Love and warmth
|
- Helps me build deeper and more meaningful relationships with people
I care about
- Allows me to connect with people more easily and find friends
everywhere
- Love primes me to experience the highest of human emotions
|
Anytime I am warm and supportive of my friends, family, and strangers
Anytime I appreciate something I did well or did for myself
Anytime my warmth enhance show others feel
|
|
Intelligence
|
- Lets me have richer experiences and better understand how the world
works
- Enables me to problem-solve for myself and others
- Helps me develop new skills and abilities
|
Anytime I open a book or listen to a podcast
Anytime I put together a plan to solve a problem
Anytime I figure out an answer
|
|
Optimism and cheerfulness
|
- Creates a zest and passion for life that translates into energy and
charisma
- Reduces the frequency and impact of negative feelings and thoughts
- Puts me into a fun-loving state and better lets me enjoy life
|
Anytime I ask myself “What’s good about this situation?”
Anytime my positive mood enhances the state of others
Anytime I see a problem as surmountable and not a big deal
|
|
Integrity
|
- Gives me absolute confidence that the correct moral decision is the
correct one
- Lets me speak honestly and earn the respect of others
|
Anytime I conduct myself in a way I am proud of
Anytime I tell the truth
|
No comments:
Post a Comment