Why an MBA
Going for the MBA is a no brainer decision at this moment
for me. The program allows me to advance my career and enriches my perspective
of the world by giving me access to a wide spanning range of fascinating ideas
and people. Today, I am listing the top 5 reasons for me to pursue an MBA.
1.
It makes
sense financially immediately after graduation
The median post-MBA starting salary pays nearly double my
current salary. If I were to pursue the highest paying positions such as IBD or
consulting, my expected starting salary would be even higher. From a pure income
perspective, I would likely be in a better position after the MBA than if I
worked in my current job function.
2.
It steepens
my long-term career trajectory
My post-MBA job will likely allow me to accelerate my career
advancement and income growth at a faster pace than if I stayed in my current
role. This higher growth rate will eventually make up for the 2 years investment
of time and money.
3.
It enables
me to work in the US
Breaking into any high-paying role in New York City is a
formidable task for a relationship manager of a regional bank in Hong Kong. Pursuing
my MBA at Yale gives me direct access to the US job market.
4.
It is
a two-year selfish period for me to explore and learn
My late 20’s will be the last period of my life where I can travel
freely and explore different careers without the encumbrance of family or work
obligations. I will invest my time in visiting places and learning activities that
I would otherwise will not have time for once I am settled down.
5.
It connects
me with a diverse network of driven and capable people
My classmates at SOM are a collection of ambitious and uniquely
talented people, who will make their mark on the world in myriad ways after
graduation. I look forward to building close relationships with people who
share my intellectual curiosity and my desire to impact the world in meaningful
ways. I am also excited to tap into the global network of Yale University
alumni.
No comments:
Post a Comment